Job Opening – AAGW Executive Director
ARTS ALLIANCE OF GREATER WAYNESBORO
Full-time salaried position, exempt, reports to Board President and Board of Directors
Responsible (with support and guidance from the Board of Directors) for providing vision and direction for all Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro (AAGW) and Destination ARTS! activities and ensuring that the organization operates in a fiscally sound fashion which is in accordance with its mission, IRS 501 (c) (3) organizational status, and the directives of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director functions as the principal representative of the organization.
As such, specific responsibilities include:
- Working actively and closely with Board of Directors, Gallery Curators, Volunteers, etc and soliciting and organizing additional help as needed
- Budgeting and making sure that all activities and business adheres to budget
- Strategic planning, overseeing all day to day operations of the organization
- Overseeing development and implementation of all special events, fundraising activities, and programs
- Overseeing marketing, advertising, publicity, and promotion of AAGW and all activities, including press relations, advertising, press releases, and website management
- Seeking, considering, and implementing opportunities for potential growth of the organization in relation to our mission, outreach to different areas of the community, and collaborations with other non-profit and for profit organizations.
- Representing AAGW in the community through participation on appropriate committees and networking in the business community through attendance at various events.
- Facilities – review and evaluate lease agreements and building quality and needs for all galleries and other locations, and when necessary take action to improve or relocate.
- Getting information to the Board of Directors in a timely fashion of all activities related to the AAGW and soliciting their advice on any decisions which diverge from the routine and may impact the economic budget or mission of the organization.
- Communicating with artists, arts organizations, and others needed to ensure the smooth operation of the organization.
- Attending Board Meetings
- Ensuring that galleries are open and operable during all advertised open hours.
- Oversee and provide input into all other activities or opportunities which relate to AAGW
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate must have strong business and/or non-profit, marketing, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal) and a deep appreciation for the arts. In addition, s/he should possess the following:
- Computer skills (data base, word processing, spread sheets) and ability to multi-task and work accurately, efficiently, and collaboratively on multiple projects.
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze information accurately, using established data management tools and techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to relate well to all.
- Volunteer experience in a not-for-profit organization.
- Good judgment and interpersonal skills, integrity, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required.
This position reports to and works closely with the AAGW Board President and Board Members, Gallery Curators, and other volunteers.
Send letter of application, resume and salary requirements to: executivedirector.AAGW@gmail.com
All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. The position will be open until filled.