At the heart of our mission is the goal to serve not just our art community, but also the community as a whole. We would not be able to accomplish all that we have, or will do, without the generous support of our volunteers. If you are interested in learning ways that you can help the Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro please feel free to fill out the Volunteer Application, and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch with you. Under Pennsylvania State Requirements we do ask that all volunteers complete a PA State Police Criminal Background Check Clearance and a Child Abuse History Clearance, both forms are free for volunteers. If you currently have these completed due to volunteering with other organizations you may submit copies of the completed forms (cannot be older than 5 years from date of submission to volunteer with AAGW). We do not take volunteers on probation or completing court-ordered community service.
Directions for completing Volunteer Clearance Requirements:
1. PA Criminal Background Check https://epatch.state.pa.us
Select – New Record Check (Volunteers Only)
There is no fee for volunteers. Once the background request has been entered the response status screen will appear. Please select and print the Certification Form.
2. PA Child Abuse History Clearance – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
Select – Volunteer
There is no fee for those completing the application as a volunteer for a nonprofit organization. Once the application is complete, you will be able to access the results within 7-14 days.
We currently are looking for volunteers interested in helping with the following initiatives:
- Gallery Volunteer: Our gallery, Gallery 50, operates with a volunteer staff on the weekends. Volunteers are asked to commit to (3) hour shifts to oversee gallery operations. Duties during a shift can include: answering customer questions, completing sales transactions, opening/closing the gallery for business, helping track gallery attendance, and light cleaning when needed. If you are fun and outgoing you may want to consider volunteering on Friday nights when we host live music performances in our connecting music venue, Music Makers. If you prefer a quieter relaxed pace for your volunteering roles, you may want to consider volunteering on Saturdays or Sundays. During Saturday and Sundays we encourage volunteers to bring artistic hobbies to work on and help promote the arts.
- Gallery Committee: Do you have gallery experience? Do you have retail experience? Are you someone that enjoys scrolling through Pinterest and dreams of making creative displays? If so we encourage you to volunteer for our Gallery Planning Committee. The committee helps our volunteer Curator plan out the look of the gallery and upcoming art shows. This would be a great opportunity for those who also enjoy planning events and working with artists.
- Promotions Committee: Do you enjoy planning parties and larger events? If so, you’ll enjoy volunteering for our Special Events Committee. This committee helps the Executive Director plan our larger events such as: Waynesboro’s Got Talent, the Summer Concert Series, Rock ‘N Swap, and other annual events.
- Music Makers Committee: This committee is responsible for helping operate our music venue space. The duties might include helping coordinate music classes and workshops, Open Mic Nights, scheduling performers for Live Music FRIDAYS!, Songwriters workshops, and other music related endeavors.
- Destination INNOVATION! Committee: Do you identify as someone who uses both left brain and right brain thinking? Are you interested in STEAM or STEM learning? The Destination INNOVATION! Committee is responsible for helping plan our kids’ learning workshops held the Second Saturday mornings each month.
We are also open to discussing other ways for volunteers to become involved in the organization. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any questions or suggestions on volunteering opportunities.