Mainstreet Waynesboro, Inc. is presenting a banner contest. These banners will be displayed on the light poles in downtown Waynesboro for the next three years. The purpose of the contest is to:
• Illustrate the town’s new brand identity, “Waynesboro of Olde.”
• Promote art and culture and artistic engagement with the community
• Beautify downtown Waynesboro with original artwork and increase visitation and retail traffic
• Garner media attention throughout central Pennsylvania and beyond.
The contest welcomes designs of an original, vibrant, humorous and uplifting nature and
encourages creative representations of the unique attributes of our community. The finished
banners will be displayed beginning in the spring of 2016. The final design of the banner will be
based on the winning entries so as to best compliment the artwork.
• High School student ($100), Amateur Artist ($100) and Professional Artist ($100) categories
• The three winning designs will be produced as banners and displayed in downtown Waynesboro. The number of designs will be determined by the jury. The artists’ names will appear on the
banners. Each design may appear on more than one banner in town
Click Here to download the complete announcement and rules with a registration form.